Peace

Peace that surpasses

Peace that surpasses

Well I’d be lying if I told you the thought of brain cancer and brain surgery didn’t scare me a bit. Just a few days ago I had a weird headache and tomorrow morning, surgery!

philippians 4:7 has always been an important passage to me and it always has a way of speaking life a bit differently into each situation. This time is no different.

I have heard from hundreds of you and to hear that my faith has encouraged you is seriously humbling. You see, I am far from perfect, I say bad things at wrong times, I think horrible thoughts at times. I don’t always honor my wife, I sometimes treat my children poorly, I don’t always lead a pure life. I am flawed. I’m a disappointment, but I’m forgiven!

Your words of encouragement and faith drive me. I want to be better. I want to see people meet and love Christ. Although I’m not perfect, I am redeemed. My father in heaven loves me for me. Wretched old me. He sees’s the good now and the good to come.

He see’s the same in you. He loves you. If this were the last blog I would ever write (not my plan) I want you to know God has so much for you. There isn’t an ocean deep enough to carry His love  for you. If you’ve never fully given your life, I mean abandon it completely to Him, I would pray you would. Even with all my flaws, I’m amazed how much he’s done for me and as a result for you reading this. You’ll never be the same. I can’t imagine anything else. I have the greatest wife in the world who was made just for me!! I have two incredible children who love Jesus. I have countless friends and family around me.

My friend…. that is peace that surpasses understanding. Here’s the deal, I’m gonna give the devil a piece of my mind tomorrow and it can go to hell where it belongs. Cancer has no place in my body and it must go in Jesus name!! Thank you God for healing! Thank you God for freedom! Thank you God for faith. Thank you for helping my unbelief! I love you Lord with all my heart, mind and soul and I love all of you all as well.

Do me a great honor. Stand strong in Him, proclaim #Godsgotthis

Peace!!

74 Comments

1. Steve Chapman

I love you Matt! I admire your faith and your love for Jesus but most of all I love and admire how real you are. Never claiming to he perfect but knowing you are His child and have His Love and forgiveness. That speaks volumes to me and always has. I pray for ypu and your family and for ypur healing! Like you I’m not perfect but I am loved and I am forgiven!

2. Steve Chapman

3. C. Jay Woody Jr.

Godsgotthis

4. C. Jay Woody Jr.

Godsgotthis

5. Tracy Pounders

I love you, Matt Crump. I’m thinking about you and Robin and your kids. I know I’m on the other side of the country while you’re having this surgery but you are in my thoughts almost on every hour (not minutes – that would be weird) and I love ya like a brother. Fight…believe…live in Jesus name!!!

6. Tracy Pounders

7. Johnny Bochette

I’ve only met you once and we live in two different states. You made a friend December of 2014. You a good guy and I’m pulling for you like crazy. I think I told you my father had brain cancer and Colon cancer. He too went to duke. They did the surjuries, he lived 14 more years and when he died it had nothing to do with cancer at all. I’m praying like crazy!!!!!

8. Johnny Bochette

9. Jen

Love you!

10. Jen

Love you!

11. Holly hinrichs

Amazingly unbelievable.. So beautiful and true 🙂

12. Holly hinrichs

Amazingly unbelievable.. So beautiful and true 🙂

13. Dayequana

Ahem

14. Dayequana

Ahem

15. Annette Ethridge

It’s only been a short while since God connected us. Knowing you and witnessing your love of God, actually seeing you exercise your faith, admit your faults, show mercy, and live purposely have truly changed my life. I love you Matt and I am continually praying for you. We’ve still got a lot of music to make together. Blessings! Annette

16. Annette Ethridge

17. Marty DeLuca

You truly are the best! Wishing you and praying for this new journey in your life. It’s so encouraging to to know how great your faith is. I truly believe God has got this! The devil just has to be put behind you today so give him that piece of mind and we’ll all be praying a hedge of angels around you,your family, and all doctors and nurses today!

18. Marty DeLuca

19. David Clegg

Good stuff Matt. That scripture has carried me through as well. Expecting a full recovery for you man. Not "remission" but cancer-free/HEALED!

20. David Clegg

21. Tony Sims

I believe in Him, and I believe in you buddy. Regardless of the outcome for any and all of us, Jesus IS on the throne and has won the victory. Who should fear anything knowing we serve THE Savior? I love you my brother. 🙂

22. Tony Sims

23. Bernie Mangiboyat

Your words always inspire me brother! Thank you for bringing me closer to him! Our family is praying for you! We love you!!!

24. Bernie Mangiboyat

25. Dametria Blackman

Matt we are praying for u!my family love u so much I remember when I had a small stroke u came to the hospital and u and my parents joined together in prayer and prayed for me and God healed me.Matt that meant so much to me and again thank u so much Matt God’s got this just like God had me when u prayed for me !my daughter Breanna hale loves u so much u are like a second papa to her lol!She looks up to u and I thank u again .

26. Dametria Blackman

27. virulence watson

Wow brother praying for you ……You are a inspiration to all of us in His Name above all names JESUS I pray!

28. virulence watson

29. Jaq Millward

You are an inspiration for us all Matt! You’re an amazing, strong, faithful man and a great example for us to model ourselves by. Praying you and God do kick the devil in the butt today and always! I love you. God will give you and your family the strength to make it through this. God bless

30. Jaq Millward

31. Gwen Alexander

You are the first person that I’ve heard admit their flaws and believe that the Lord has forgiven them. Thank you, that means the world to me and makes me feel that God does accept me and my imperfections. God bless you and I pray that the Lord works through the surgeons and brings tremendous healing. Thank you again Matt.

32. Gwen Alexander

33. Chip Massey

I pray that the peace of God floods your soul and that 1 Peter 2:24 overtakes you today and manifests itself in your life. No weapon from hell can defeat what God has promised to you. If there is unfulfilled prophecies, then God’s work in you is not yet done. Keep up the good fight brother.

34. Chip Massey

35. Pat Scott Bass

Matt, You are such a positive person, with your Faith in God..and its very admirable..I know He exists and is Gracious..He has lifted me up many times, and opened doors for me, when all were shut by this world..Thanks for reminding me how wonderful our God is, and if we only Believe..then ALL things are possible..through Him..! I pray for your complete recovery..and I know God;s hand will be guiding the Dr’s..when you are going through what would scare most people..Your Love and faith will carry you through..to be healed.. God Bless You Matt. You are an inspiration to many!!

36. Pat Scott Bass

37. Tara Waaser

You are a true inspiration. #GodsGotThis

38. Tara Waaser

You are a true inspiration. #GodsGotThis

39. Stacy Kopf Crabtree

The realness that is you is what inspires, uplifts & empowers me. Your dedication & devotion to all you love & live. Thank you Matt! Praying always for you & your family.

40. Stacy Kopf Crabtree

41. Tiffinei Lee

Matt, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this time. I’ve met you a few times at church and several events and your positivity and commitment to the Lord has been so unwavering and humbling. You are in my prayers. Much love ✌🏼️

42. Tiffinei Lee

43. Catherine Ann McNeill (Theologian)

Dear Matt: We have never met personally but I want you to know that you surely have encouraged and "lifted up" me and I’m sure hundreds of others. You, I feel, have risen to the High Tower in Jesus Christ and have surely, no matter what, "pressed toward the mark of the high calling of Jesus Christ"!! I know many who are ill and some facing similar circumstances, and speaking for myself, you reminded me He is the Only One who sustains us. My disease can’t be cut out nor is there any cure and I too have many flaws but remember, we are made "perfect" through Christ! Whatever the outcome, there is no doubt that God is holding you gently in the palm of His Mighty Hands and you already have the Victory because, as you said, "God’sgotthis"!!! Press on mighty warrior and know you are loved and appreciated by many! XOXO

44. Catherine Ann McNeill (Theologian)

45. Bryant

Godsgotthis Peace be with you my brother in Jesus!

46. Bryant

Godsgotthis Peace be with you my brother in Jesus!

47. rebecca &eric

Amen We are praying and believing with you.

48. rebecca &eric

Amen We are praying and believing with you.

49. Mary Preece Mitchell

Waiting for the good news !!! #GodsGotThis

50. Mary Preece Mitchell

Waiting for the good news !!! #GodsGotThis

51. Kevin Brown

Very encouraging Matt. You have been a friend to lift me up and also go e me that push to want to know Him and lo e Him more. I love you my brother. Kevin Brown.

52. Kevin Brown

53. Guy Unger

Love you man! Tears right now for your character, strength, and quick recovery!

54. Guy Unger

Love you man! Tears right now for your character, strength, and quick recovery!

55. Charles

We are Praying for you Bro! Everything is going to be just fine cause God’s Got This! You have a work to do and the Devil is a Liar! I Love You Soooo Much!

56. Charles

57. Ed Rider

I have so much respect and admiration for you! Your strength is amazing. You are in my prayers Brother.

58. Ed Rider

59. Terry D

Brother we are in it to win it!

60. Terry D

Brother we are in it to win it!

61. Jill Berry

In our prayers, always!

62. Jill Berry

In our prayers, always!

63. Crisie

You are an amazing man Matt Crump. As is your wife, Robin and your babies! Thank you for enduring for the love and gospel of God! He is pleased!

64. Crisie

65. Apostle Dr.CJ jeffery

My Friend of God. I am a survivor of the medical opinions about brain tumor, neurodegenerative and dsgenerative disease as well as traumatic injuries in the military service. My pillars were and continue to be 1 Cor 15:56-58; Isaiah 54:17 and many others. My family support keep me sane the world knew nothing even you. My prayers are recovery and strength in these moments. I know you love people as mhch as some show you love. KEEP THE STRONG FAITH AT THE HELM OF THE CONVERSATION. GOD HONORS HIS WORD LIKE NO OTHER. Love Brother in Christ, Apostle, Dr. CJ Jeffery, Fresh Ministries, Raeford, North Carolina

66. Apostle Dr.CJ jeffery

67. Jeffrey Coe

You’re an incredible and amazing man, I love you buddy.

68. Jeffrey Coe

You’re an incredible and amazing man, I love you buddy.

69. Shelby Shoemake (Randy Bancroft's daughter)

Well said! Man, disease is tries to still our faith and let doubt in. However, because HE lives we can face tomorrow! This illness ONLY makes our bond with HIM that much stronger. A bond that cannot be broken. Know I’m praying for you and have several prayer warriors praying for you. We are stronger in numbers. Keep pushing with positivity. Because we know how HE can heal.

70. Shelby Shoemake (Randy Bancroft's daughter)

71. Jennifer

Your faith is beautiful Matt and we will join our faith with yours and pray against cancer and for complete healing! Sending lots of live your way from the Sanfords.

72. Jennifer